Our first in-person meeting since February 2020 was a huge success! Thanks to Ted for hosting us on his newly renovated patio.
We had 13 members show up with a club record of 29 beers (28 homebrew, 1 commercial). This was also the first time the club had examples of beer, wine, cider and mead at a single meeting.
There wasn’t too much club business to discuss since there hasn’t been anything going on. One topic of discussion was the Memorial weekend campout at the Santa Fe Brewing hop farm. Ted & co will be there all weekend. If you want to pop in for a few hours or a few days, you’ll be more than welcome.
This is another reminder about our Wheat Beer mini-club competition for the June meeting. If you want to participate, simply come with a home-brewed wheat beer (at least 30% wheat in the grain bill). We’ll taste and judge all of the wheat beer entries before sampling the rest of the beers. Winner will get to hold onto the club’s mash paddle which was built by Phil the elder.
Now that Tom has all of the club paperwork we’ll get started on setting up a new bank account. After that, we’ll talk about club dues.
The beers brought to this meeting were:
- Lorrey – German Pilsner, Belgian Dubbel
- Ted – Imperial Red, Lemon-Lime Ale, Cherry Porter, Cider, Pickle beer from Bosque
- Aaron – Agave wine
- Dave T – Brett Farmhouse ale, Imperial brown ale
- Cory – Hazy IPA w/ Motueka
- Tom – Pilsner, Porter
- Ken – Pilsner, Stout, Belgian Golden Strong
- Brandon – Plum wine, Irish Red, Hazy Pale, Barrel aged chocolate stout
- Jim A – German Pilsner, Cream Ale, Strong Scottish Ale, Swartzbier
- Dave G – 1st Club Barrel Project (Chardonnay barrel aged Belgian Tripel)
- Eric – Irish Stout, Russian Imperial Stout
- Kevin – Vanilla Oak mead, Fig Apple Cinnamon mead
Next meeting will be on Wednesday June 16 @ 6:30pm at Lorrey’s house. Directions and other meeting info will come later.