David G. hosted the meeting this month on his patio and provided us with smoked brisket, sides and plenty of snacks. Thanks David for hosting!
Some topics of discussion were:
- Reaching out to Santa Fe Cider Works about seeing their facility and possibly hosting a meeting. We were planning on having our March 2020 meeting there but that was the first one cancelled due to the pandemic.
- Doing a walkthrough of Nuckolls Brewing Co, the new brewery opening in the Railyard. I didn’t write down who had the possible connection there (was it Ed?), but it would be fun to see their operation too.
- Setting up the BJCP sampling meetings. We agreed that doing at least one off-flavor class where we buy a kit would be beneficial. I’ll send out an additional email to see what day of the month works best for the BJCP practices (maybe 2nd Wednesday like the previous years?)
- Beer style for the October mini club competition is going to be festbier/amber lager. Start thinking up a recipe and get it going so it has plenty of time for lagering and carbonation!
Beers we sampled at the meeting were:
- Lorrey: Helles, Tropical Vacation Smooj
- Brandon: Barrel-aged Golden Sour, Scotch style Whisky
- David: Belgian Wit w/green chile
- Ed: Wheat Beer, English Old Ale, Irish Red
- Ken: Pilsner, IPA
- Eric: Red Ale, Dunkelweizen, Tucher Helles Hefe Weizen, Praga Premium Pils
- Nathan: Prickly Pear Wheat