We held our quarterly mini club competition this meeting. The theme of this competition was honey and we had 8 entries into the competition to choose from. There was a wide range of styles, everything from Belgians and Blondes to Porters and British Milds. The winning beer by a large margin was David G’s Blonde Ale using his namesake honey. David gets to hold onto the traveling mash paddle trophy until the next competition!
Some topics we covered at the meeting included:
Next Mini Club Competition – With the completion of this month’s competition, we need to start thinking about the next one! While we didn’t set anything in stone yet, we may plan on holding our next competition during the Oktoberfest party/meeting and have it be another festbier style.
New T-Shirt Orders – David is expanding his search for a vendor since our previous one has kinda moved away from print and more toward advertising. There are a couple options in both Santa Fe and Albuquerque he’s looking into. We’ll have more updates on this soon.
Our next meeting will take place on July 20th at our normal meeting place (Santa Fe Brewing Co’s Beer Hall).
The full list of beers brought to the meeting were:
- Aaron: Belgian ale w/ Pineapple and Honey
- Brandon: Plum wine, Cherry sour, Honey pale ale
- Corey: British Mild w/ Honey (collab with Eric), Tmave 13 from Bierstadt, Pliny the Elder from Russian River
- David G: Gunter’s Orange Blossom Honey Blonde Ale
- Eric: Chocolate Honey Porter, British Mild w/ Honey (collab w/ Corey), Helle Weizen from Schloss Eggenberg, Festbier from Tucher Brau
- Ken: Pilsner, Orange Summer Honey Shandy
- Tom: Blackberry Honey mead, Honey Porter
(Note: commercial beers are italicized)