We had a good turnout on the last summer night of 2022. The meeting kicked off with Ken’s “The Best Pilsner I’ve Had All Summer” which was very delicious. We had 20 beers, all of which were top notch.
Some topics we covered at the meeting included:
Internal Club Competition(s):
For February 2023 – Start thinking about brewing a stout for our February 2023 mini club competition. If you want to brew a heavy stout, you should probably think about brewing it soon!
For March 2023 – We’ll have another round of our Irish beer competition. Anything that’s considered an Irish beer (red ale, dry irish stout, etc) will be included in this competition.
Oktoberfest Party – Saturday October 15th @ 4pm – This will replace the regularly scheduled Wednesday meeting for October. We plan on having a cookout and potluck in addition to our mini club competition (festbier/marzen judging) and normal beer share. Please invite any friends, family members or anyone interested in brewing. The more the merrier! If you plan on coming, please RSVP in this Google Sheet. The location of the party is 613 Camino del Monte Sol in Santa Fe
The full list of beers brought to the meeting were:
- Aaron C: Wine Barrel Cherry from The Colorado Farm Brewery
- Brandon O: 2018 & 2019 Belgian Dark Strongs, Chocolate Vanilla Mead
- Eric H: Chocolate Honey Porter, English Mild, Porter
- Ken: The Best Pilsner I’ve Had All Summer, IPA
- Kevin W: @$$ kicken’ Sage, Green Goblet Gruit, Zombie Dust, Lazer Snake and Gumballhead by 3 Floyds
- Lorrey: ESB, Lion’s Paw by Fernson Brewing, East Bank by Casey Brewing
- Tom: Imperial Stout (Aug 2022), Raspberry Chocolate Stout, Sankt Paulidorf by Elliottville Brewing Co
(Note: commercial beers are italicized)